Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Covergirl The Supersizer Mascara | Review


Last month, Bzzagent sent me this Covergirl mascara to try out for free. It claims to make lashes 400% more volumized, corner to corner. The package also instructs you to twirl the wand in order to apply the product. This mascara is supposed to be bold, daring & dramatic. My opinion? Read on.

When I first opened this mascara, I was shocked by the wand situation. It is skinny, with very small, plastic, spike-like bristles. The wand definitely does not fall under my « typical » beauty tool favourites. I tend to lean towards soft, full-bristled mascara. So basically the opposite. 

covergirl mascara


I tried the « twirl » technique, seeing as I don't typically use this type of wand I thought maybe the creators of such a strange product would know best. NOPE! Talk about weird, clumpy, spiky lashes!  Not exactly a great everyday look.

The next time I opened the tube (which I'll admit was not the next day...I got scared), I decided to just use it like I normally would apply a mascara & it went much better. My lashes weren't AS clumpy, and they definitely were voluminous.  The second issue I ran into was the length of time this mascara takes to dry! It takes a literal eternity. I needed to wait a good 10 minutes before fully blinking otherwise I faced beautiful black lines all over the place.  After having used it for around a month, it does take less time to dry, mostly because the product is starting to dry out. 

So, now that I've played with this wonderfully weird product for a few weeks, I've decided that I do like it. The effect that this mascara gives my eyelashes is intense. If you're not into mega lashes for everyday, this isn't for you. It takes me a couple coats to get all my lashes and comb through any weird spots that may have formed. As long as I'm careful, I don't have to worry about any of my initial problems of clumps or very wet lashes. That being said, I've put on this mascara, sneezed within 5 minutes and had to haul out the makeup remover.  Personal problem.

supersizer mascara


As far as removing this mascara, it's not the easiest to take off, even though it isn't touted as waterproof. I use a makeup remover and a cleanser & I usually have to go back in with the remover again before bed. This is cool with me because I'd rather this than mascara down my cheeks midday (my eyes water A LOT).

Would I repurchase? Surprisingly, yes. If you had asked me a month ago I would have laughed in your face, but now I'm into it.

Would you try this mascara?

Cheers,
Kait 

No comments:

Post a Comment