Friday, April 3, 2015

Beauty Box 5 | March 2015

So I've just received my March Beauty Box 5 in the mail.  This one will be my last box (I only signed up for 3 months & have cancelled my account due to some sketchiness surrounding the company).  I never had a problem with this subscription & I have used around 80% of the products I have gotten. I know that others have not had the same experience as I've been fortunate enough to have had & I thought that maybe I should get out while I'm ahead. This is not to discourage anyone, I'm just saying that before you sign up for anything it's good to read up some different reviews - for better or for worse.

Anyway! On to what I did receive in this month's box. This month I was actually super impressed by BB5.

beauty box 5

beauty box 5

Scandalous Mascara by Nanacoco
This is supposed to be a voluminous mascara. I received mine in the black formula, but the card indicated that there were assorted colours, so maybe other people got strange colours?  It is a full-size & is valued at $ 4.99.

Laugh Out Loud lipgloss by Nanacoco in the colour The Lift
While this product seems bizarre to me, given that the name is strange & the colour is nondescript, it is a very pretty bright pink. Lovely for this time of the year! It also smells alright, which is a bonus as I was expecting a plastic smell. The lipgloss was also available in assorted colours.  This is a full-size & is valued at $ 3.99.

Rosemary Eucalyptus body cream by Elite Therapeutics
This was a sample size, but quite a nice amount. This is definitely not my favorite scent, as it is quite herbal/medicinal. I'm not against it, but I don't think I will be putting it on at work or anything. The full size is valued at $19.00.

Line & Seal Eye Liner by Styli-Style in the colour Orchid
This is a mechanical eye liner, which is a nice touch. I received mine in Orchid, which is a dark plum colour, but again this came in assorted colours. This is a nice change after I received a bright magenta eye liner in a previous box - which I tried but have no practical use for in my life. I will actually wear this one! It is a full-sized liner & is valued at $ 4.99.

Assorted foil packets by Eslor
They came in a little pouch & there are four different products, but they are tiny little foil samples non-the-less. There is a cleanser, a peeling gel, a mask & a moisturizer. These are expensive products when purchased in full-size at $28.00, $38.00, $38.00 & $85.00, but as foil packets they are virtually worthless.

Overall, this box is worth around $16.00, which is only $1.00 more than I paid for it ($12.00 + $3.00 shipping to Canada). While I'm happy with 4/5 of my products this month, & I mean very pleased, this is really not a very exciting service value-wise & I'm happy to not be continuing my subscription.

Do you have any suggestions for a NEW subscription box for me to try?

Cheers,
Kait



2 comments:

  1. The lipgloss shade looks really nice. Lovely photos :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't a beauty box, but you should try Little Life Box! It has yummy snacks, food and health things and it's pretty reasonable for a Canadian subscription. Plus, you can buy a one time purchase box to try before you commit to a subscription.

    ReplyDelete