Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Empties | March 2015

This month I did some serious cleaning out of samples. We plan on buying a house sometime in the next 6ish months & I really want to try and declutter before that happens. I don't really have any desire to pack up 4371814 samples. I would rather use them all up!

This month, I divided everything into smaller categories. I've also indicated samples with asterisks (*).

march empties


Face

face beauty empties

Simple Face Wipes - I don't love these, but I certainly don't hate 'em! I would repurchase.

Pacifica Face Wipes - I thought I loved these face wipes. They smell like coconut & they were nice & wet with product but they BURN around my eyes. Not in my eyes, on the skin. I would NOT repurchase these. I have a post on both these & the simple face wipes here.

Purity Made Simple*  - This was a bitty sample, that I used for about 5 days straight. I love this & have already purchased a larger bottle! It smells lovely & it leaves my skin so soft & clean!

Neostrata moisturizer* - This was weird, gelly & ultimately not that impressive. I used it for about 3 nights. I would NOT purchase.

Swisspers Organic Cotton Rounds - These are pretty standard cotton rounds. I like that they are organic, but I dislike that there are only 80 per pack. Overall, these are the ones I usually purchase, so I would most likely repurchase them.


Hair

hair care empties

Fruit Kicks Down Under Hair Spray - This stuff was pretty awesome. It smells like pomegranate & it worked for most things, from taming fly-away hair all the way up to keeping curls & fancy 'dos in check.  For the low cost & how long it lasted (like 2 years), I will definitely repurchase.

Herbal Essences Naked Shampoo & Conditioner* - I've had the full-sized bottles of both of those & while I like them plenty, they aren't what I look for in hair care. They are quite nice & light though (not to mention they smell yummy like grapefruit).

Pantene Sheer Volume Shampoo* - This was BAD for my hair. That's all I have to say about that.

Garnier Nutrisse Conditioner* - I get one of these in every box of at-home hair dye I purchase. I really enjoy using this & I use it around 1-2 times per week. While I can't exactly repurchase the conditioner, I will continue to use it whenever I buy the dye!


Makeup

makeup mascara concealer

Lancome Definicils Mascara* - I miss this mascara! I will absolutely not be spending that much money on a mascara in the near future, but based on if it's purchasable - I would in theory buy it. I have a post with a more in-depth review of this product here.

Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara - I used to think I loved this mascara, but I have now realized that I don't. It's very dry & the brush leaves my lashes very clumpy.  I will not be repurchasing this.

Elizabeth & James Nirvana White Perfume* - This smells very floral & light. It's actually not a scent I've ever worn before, but I'm definitely going to pick up a roller ball of this once my other samples are gone.

Almay Clear Complexion Concealer - I've repurchased this concealer countless times. It actually has a small amount of acne medication within the concealer, which aides to heal, while hiding. I am definitely on my way to repurchasing as soon as my other concealer is used up.

Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer - I like this, but I don't love it. It brightens under the eyes quite nicely, but I find that it settles into my creases pretty quickly. I'm on the fence about this. I may just repurchase on a whim, but I don't have any plans for it right away.


Body

body care samples

Freeman Cucumber, Melon & Ginseng Body Wash* - This smelled fantastic, but it did nothing for my skin.  In a period of the year where my skin is already kind of dry, this actually dried it out more.  This was a Beauty Box 5 sample, but I will not be purchasing a full bottle of this.

Nivea Lotion* - Although this was a tiny sample, I actually almost exclusively use Nivea lotions for my body. I find them to be incredibly soothing & they have super long-lasting moisture. I will purchase/re-purchase.


Phew! What a ton of samples! I'm so happy to be tossing (& recycling) these items! That's 16 more things that I won't be packing once I find a house to call my own (although let's be honest, samples pour into my life at an alarmingly quick rate)!!

What have you been using up?

Cheers,
Kait

2 comments:

  1. I love empties posts! I think I may need to take a page out of your book and do some decluttering myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to declutter & see what you've used! But as I said in the post, there are always new products & samples coming through my door, so it's more like cycling through.

      Delete