Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Empties | Autumn 2015

Since it has taken me around one million years to get to this post, here are all the things I used up between September & mid-December...ish.  There isn't one sample included...I may have used things along the way & thrown them out. Oops.


























Makeup



Maybelline Define-a-brow in medium brown
This is one of my favourite affordable eyebrow pencils.  It is super skinny & easy to use. It also matches my eyebrows really well! The little bitty comb on the end is quite useless, but otherwise a great little product!

Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in West
This has been such a long time coming. I have been almost done this eyeliner for months, but just kept neglecting to use the end of it.  I hauled it out just the other day & literally had 2 days of wear left.  This is a dark, creamy brown – great for anyone who doesn’t want black!

Urban Decay All-Nighter makeup setting spray

This setting spray is my favourite. I’m glad this bottle is gone because it was getting quite old & I’ve heard some pretty gross stories about old bottles of these (mould anyone?).  I repurchased, but I grabbed a smaller bottle, so that I can use it up more efficiently.

Covergirl Lashblast Volume Mascara
This was a pretty great mascara. I don’t have anything mindblowing to say about it, but if I ever reached the end of my backstock of mascara, I would consider this one again.

Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse foundation

I could not use this up quickly enough. Funny thing is, I used to love this foundation. This time I found it didn’t dry down & kind of looked weird on my skin. Non merci.

Physician’s Formula Mineral Wear Foundation

This stuff is the bomb.com.  My mother recommended this to me and I now recommend it to you folks.  If you are scared that a powder foundation will cling to weird dry patches, I’m here to tell you that this one will not.  What it will do for you, however, is make you look like you’ve got amazing, flawless skin. I’m down for that.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer
Everyone talks about this concealer. What they say is true – it’s pretty great. I’m half-way through another one of these babies.


Skincare

















Dove Go Fresh Body Wash in Cucumber & Green Tea
This is a lovely, moisturizing and inexpensive body wash.  It is quite a nice smell, but there are others to choose from in the same range.

Purity Made Simple
This is quite a popular product from the Philosophy brand of skincare. While it does a nice job of washing the face, I am trying to find something a little bit less stripping, so after the next small bottle is gone, I won't be repurchasing for a while at least.

Simple Vital Vitamin moisturizer
Nice moisturizer, weird smell. After a while I couldn't put this on my face anymore because the smell bothered me so much. I finished the tub by using it on my elbows!

Lush Tea Tree Water
This toner is one that I almost always have one hand. I spritz it on my face after my shower every morning. It is refreshing and because of the tea tree, seems to help with the acne situation.

Degree Motion Sense Deodorant in Tropical Tango
This deodorant smelled nice & was on sale. It worked fine. Was I blown away? No.

Burt's Bees lip balm
I go through these fairly often. They are my holy grail lip balm for night time. I never go to sleep without this on my lips.  Some people find this a little bit too waxy, but I think they are magical, healing sticks of goodness.

Swisspers Cotton Rounds
Best cotton rounds going. This is a weird thing to review, but when I find these ones, I pick them up.  Oddly, they are hard to find in this dinky little town of mine. I'm using a different brand right now. Not as good. Find these.


Hair Care

























Vidal Sassoon Color Preserving Conditioner
In late summer I used this box kit to dye my hair red.  I even wrote a review on the dye & the process. This is your typical box-dye conditioner. I use them once a week or so. They are moisturizing.

Live Clean Moisturizing Shampoo
This is my absolute favourite drugstore brand of shampoo & conditioner. They have all kinds, they aren't expensive and wow are they nice for your hair (& for the environment).

That's all for now folks...but never fear, I've already begun a new collection of used up products of all kinds. Hopefully I'll post another empties before it becomes this large again.
What have you been using up?

Cheers,
Kait 

No comments:

Post a Comment