Sunday, January 11, 2015

Revlon Multi-Care Base + Top Coat | Review



I picked up this seemingly awesome idea about 6 months ago, after I had used up my current base & top coats (which were two different products). I thought "hey, if I can save money & get two uses out of one product, why not?!" Boy was I wrong.

While this product has a nice brush and a thin, even application, it doesn't dry that way. As a base, it sets your nails up to be bubbly, streaky & just plain terrible looking. As a top coat it fairs a little bit better, but one wrong move & it's bubbled up on top of a fresh coat of colour, ruining your DIY manicure before you've even had a chance to get out of the house.

If you manage to get it to work enough as a top coat that the bubbles are few and the majority of your nails look passable, it does keep your polish from chipping for a couple days longer than colour alone, but is all of that really worth it? I would rather paint my nails more often & not have to deal with all this frustration.

Bottom line? While this product is cheap and convenient, it's not worth the time. Spend your money elsewhere & enjoy the benefits of a better product than this one on your nails.

Do you use a base or a top coat? What ones?

Cheers,
Kait