Friday, July 3, 2015

Empties | May & June 2015

It has been a time since posting an empties write-up! I've used up a fair amount of products, still in my quest to downsize on samples, extras & general clutter in hopes of moving. Only now - I have a goal! That's right, we've bought a house! We're moving toward the end of July, thus I have fewer and fewer days left of my de-cluttering. This is also a brief explanation of why I've not posted in ages. Things have been crazy here! (Samples are marked with an asterisk <*> )



























Makeup


Too Faced Primed & Poreless - This primer was alright. It took me ages to use completely & I think it's because of the texture, which was very silicone-y.  Instead of repurchasing this primer, I've purchased something different that I like much better.

Burt's Bees Lip Balm - I use this every single night before I go to sleep & I've already started in on a new tube of the stuff. It's awesome!

Urban Decay Primer Potion - This eye shadow primer is the bomb.  I could never figure out what was wrong with my eye shadows until I tried this product. Now I use it everyday & my shadows as well as my liner stays until I remove it. I've already repurchased ages ago!

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes* - This was nice. I was NOT a fan at the beginning, but it grew on me. However the price point of this mascara is unappealing & therefore I would probably never purchase it on my own. However if another sample came my way, I would definitely use it!

Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black* - I love this so much! It's dark, spicy & right up my alley perfume-wise! I also liked the White (previous empties post), so I'm most likely going to buy the small rollerball set that comes with both!

Tom Ford Velvet Orchid* - Also delicious & spicy. I couldn't get enough of this one & am quite sad that it's gone. I would consider purchasing, but honestly I don't wear a ton of perfume so I feel like buying too many is a waste for me.

Dolce & Gabbana Dolce* -  This was just alright. It was fine while I was using it, but it didn't leave a lasting impression. I wouldn't purchase this.


Skincare

















Lush Tea Tree Water - I wrote about this toner (& Angels, below) and how much I love it I a post at the very beginning of my blog (find it here). Thus when I run out I always tend to repurchase. Which I have done, even though it took a couple of months. So soothing!

Skintimate Moisturizing Cream Shave - This was a stocking stuffer, although it also happens to be my favourite shaving cream. It seems to be the only shave cream that actually kind of moisturizes my skin. & I say kind of, because it's still not fantastic, but much better than others. I will eventually buy it again!

Strawberry Yogurt Mask - This mask sample was given to me by a friend, fellow blogger & all around awesome person (find her HERE)  & I really enjoyed this! It smelled delicious & it left my skin feeling soft & moisturized. I would use this again - I actually have another package of it in my cabinet.

Live Clean Facial Towelettes - This was a part of my battle of the face wipes. & It won! That is because they smell so good, remove makeup without too much trouble & stay moist all the way to the bottom of the pack.  How can you go wrong?!

Pure Source Sea Kelp Sheet Mask - This is also a mask that the same friend from above gifted to me. It was my first sheet mask experience & it felt awesome! I loved that rather than heating up on my skin as most masks tend to do (at least a little bit), this actually kept my skin cool & happy. I am way less weirded out by sheet masks now & will totally be using them again.

Angels on Bare Skin - As with the Tea Tree Water, there is a post raving about the merits of this facial cleanser. It might be a bit strange, it might be a bit messy, but it makes my skin so happy! Although I don't currently have any to use, I will be repurchasing.

Jergens Shea Butter Lotion* - This was nice lotion. It smelled like shea butter (makes sense) & it worked as lotion should. If I was in need of lotion, I would consider buying this.


House

















I don't generally keep trash relating to the house, but I loved these so much that I just wanted to write a bit about them.  These wax cubes are used in my wax warmer, which I prefer to candles when I have people over. This particular scent blew me away! It smells so fresh & spring-like that it's just so tantalizing. These also last SO long. I used them 3 cubes at a time & each time you can use them over & over & over.

What have you been using up?

Cheers,
Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment