Saturday, November 1, 2014

Holiday Collection | Tarte Bon Voyage Set

I recently ordered the Tarte Holiday set from Sephora & have had a couple of weeks to check out all of the products. This set is $71.00 on the Canadian site and claims to be valued at $508.00 (it might only be 59.00 USD)

The products all come in this cute little  purple and gold travel makeup bag with tassels on the zippers.




The set includes this wonderful eye shadow palette with 20 full-sized eye shadows.  They all have adorable «Parisian» or French puns as names (such as Fall in Louvre, Merci you later & I think I Cannes). What can I say, I'm a sucker for neutrals with punny names.  The palette has the same purple & gold pattern as the travel case.  To me, this set was entirely worth the price just for this palette - it's amazing.





 The set also includes: A deluxe sized lights, cameras, lashes mascara, a cheek stain in the colour Muse (a pinky-neutral), a finishing powder, a LipSurgence lip tint in the colour Romantic (super pretty) & a LipSurgence lip gloss in Visionary.


There is also a mini Maracuja Oil. This is fantastic to use at night after washing your face. It soaks in & has virtually no scent.


My general opinion of the set is that it is pretty good. Everything that has colour to it (shadows, lip products and cheek stain) go together very nicely & are really nice for the holiday/winter season.  

I love the eye shadows - they are creamy, pigmented & super easy to use. The lip products & the cheek stain I like less. If you aren't careful, the lipgloss can be kinda clumpy/gloopy/I'm not sure what I'm describing here. The cheek stain is a super pretty colour, but it interacts less well with certain foundations, so I have to be careful when I wear it. 

My faves are the Maracuja oil, the mascara & the eye shadows - I have used these three pieces every single day since receiving the set. 

What sets are you loving? Anything else I should consider testing out this holiday season? Let me know :) 

Cheers,
Kait