Saturday, March 7, 2015

Beauty Box 5 | February 2015

It's time to share what I received in my Beauty Box subscription for February (which actually turned up on March 4th in my mailbox). As usual, there are five items in the box, which costs $12 CAD plus $2.99 shipping - so around $15.



1, Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow inVanilla Frosting ($22.50 for 0.04 oz - which is full-sized!)
This was full-sized (although it's tiny!) so this is a very pricey brand - that I've never heard of. A pretty loose shadow in a iridescent white. I haven't checked this out yet, but I will probably use it as an inner corner highlight?

2. Revlon Colorstay nail polish in Red Carpet ($3.99 for a full-size polish)
A pretty deep red, of course full-sized. I don't have much to say regarding this, Revlon is a good nail brand that I have generally no issues with. It would have been nice to have received this box early enough to try it out for Valentine's Day.

3. Absolute New York lip balm in Bubblegum ($5.00 per full-sized tin)
Smells delicious, doesn't feel overly greasy & has a slight shimmer when applied. Sounds good to me! I have already tossed this in my work bag because I am always in need of something to rub on my lips quickly.

4. Avon Big Color Eye Pencil in Sunkissed (3.49 per pencil)
This is a cream eye shadow (that I'm not sure Avon even sells anymore) in a golden color. It's super pretty & will be a wonderful cream base for some gold eye looks. I've always been a fan of Avon eye cosmetics (their liners are wicked).

5. Freeman's Body wash in Cucumber,Melon & Ginseng (2.99 for 30 mL)
So this is obviously NOT full-sized...it is foil packet-y. Which is always less than great, but it's also a chance to check out a new body wash. Because of packaging, I don't even know what this smells like yet (I plan on opening it tomorrow), but as a rule I'm okay with cucumber-melon scents.

There was also a bonus $20 gift card for a brand called yourMinerals, which is a Swedish brand whose products are all conveniently a liiiiittle bit more than $20. The shipping to Canada is also around $15, so I doubt I will be using this gift, because it's a lot of money for an unknown brand. 

Soooo for 4/5 products being full, I am pretty content.  This box retailed for around $38.00 CAD, which is pretty great - better than last month's box! Also, this month's box contained exclusively things that I will absolutely use, which makes it even more worth the money!


Dharma the cat likes subscription boxes (she especially likes the snake paper things that come in them), do you like them?

Cheers,
Kait

1 comment:

  1. That body wash looks like it would smell incredible!

    ReplyDelete