Friday, February 6, 2015

5 Most Worn Products | January 2015

Just thought I would share some of the things I have been wearing CONSTANTLY this month!  Some of these things I'm wearing because I'm actively trying to use up, some I just use because I love them and choose to include.





5. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
This is my absolute go-to lip balm for the winter. It's 100% affordable at around $4.99 CAD & it heals even my most chapped, rough lips. Some people find this lip balm to be too waxy, but for me it is the perfect consistency for healing. I mostly wear it at night, but on no makeup days I slather it on many, many times. I like the original peppermint one the best, but the pomegranate flavour is pretty magical as well.

4. Revlon Photoready setting powder in 010 fair/light
This stuff is NOT great. I am truthfully just trying to use it up, but it does the job. I just find it to be too heavy & it leaves my makeup looking a little too powdery, especially for the dead of winter. I much prefer a translucent powder that it a little more finely milled.



3. Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Plum
This is a love it or hate it type product. It's a cream-to-powder blush that came out a few years back & I just couldn't help myself. At first I disliked it, just like everyone else. Now, I pretty much love it! I don't know if it's the time of year or what, but this stuff is the bomb. I was finding my powder blushes were starting to be too powdery & if my eyes water (it's really cold in Canada), it leaves streaks clear through the powder. With the bouncy blush, little oopsy moments like that are easy to fix with a little finger blending at a red light.

2. Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on eye pencil in West
This is probably the only liner I've worn all month. It's a deep brown with a slight shimmer. It was in a limited edition set last Christmas (2013), but it is similar to Corrupt, which is a part of the permanent line. It's perfect!

1. Urban Decay shadows in Virgin & Sin
Both of these are found in the original Naked palette. Virgin is the perfect browbone + inner corner shade. Sin has been my go-to all over shade. It's light, pinky goodness is the perfect colour to wear to work without looking like a try-hard.


That's all folks! Everything else has changed, been on rotation or not stood out enough to mention. These are the staples of January.

What are your most-worn products of the month? Let me know!

Cheers,
Kait 

No comments:

Post a Comment