Saturday, February 14, 2015

Sally Hansen Salon Effects | Trial & Review

A few weeks ago I received some French Mani Salon Effects nail polish strips in my Beauty Box. Since I am having an at home date night tonight for Valentine's day, I decided that it would be fun to test them out.


 Here's how they work:

First you have to "prep" your nails. I did this using my Butter London Scrubbers. They are 2-in-1 prep & remover pads (p.s. I love these!). I swiped each nail to make sure there was no oil or lotion or gunk on them.



After they are prepped, you begin with the tips. Since these are French Mani strips, they have an extra step, in order to give you that look. Mine are gold glitter tips.  This step was easy enough. Peel, stick, file the excess. Once you do a couple nails, this goes pretty quickly. I was left with something that looked like this:




The last step is where I got in trouble. There are clear strips that go over your entire nail, to protect the tip & subsequently give the "french manicure" look. These strips would NOT stay on. Now, I admit that I didn't realize that these were like window cling material & not actual stickers.  I tried applying them two or three different ways, on several different nails - all with the same result. In the end, I had to haul out my clear polish & paint over the tips so they won't peel off!



Verdict - While my nails look super cute, I don't think these strips work as promised & are probably not worth the $9.99. I would perhaps buy them for a special occasion, because admittedly they give a french manicured effect without too much hassle...but not really reasonable for everyday use.

**Update:  These lasted for around 7 days on me before they started to look weird/ peel off. 

What do you think of nail polish strips? Did I do something wrong? Let me know!

Cheers,
Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment