Sunday, February 1, 2015

Beauty Box 5 | January 2015

So in light of the new year, I've decided to test out something new & subscribe to a box! I chose beauty box 5 because it's affordable ($12/month) & it usually has an interesting selection of products.











1. Ultraflesh Panthera Mascara ($20.00 for full-sized)
Claims dramatic, thicker lashes & at $20.00 I would consider this to be in the realm of high-end mascaras.

2. Hard Candy Take Me Out Liner in Sushi ($5.00 for full-sized)
Claims a creamy liner with powerful pigment. While this is an unusual, bluey-purple shade, it could be fun to play around with during the summer months.

3. Sally Hansen Salon Effects in French Mani ($9.99 for full-sized)
Claims a perfect manicure for up to 10 days. I'm looking forward to trying these because they seem like an interesting concept. I also lucked into a very wearable gold-tipped french manicure pack, so the style is very wearable.

4. Softsoap Nutri Serums Body Wash ($8.00 for full-sized)
Claims to contain vitamin E to hydrate & omegas 3 and 6 to retain moisture. Smells pretty good & is in the perfect size to travel with for a few days. Will be packed in my next overnight bag!

5. Hard Candy Baked Eye Shadow in 261 Make Believe ($6.00 for full-sized) 
Claims to be highly pigmented wet-dry eye colour. While I received colours that I don't wear on a regular basis, they do seem very creamy & easy to blend. My next smokey eye will certainly be attempted with these shadows.

My box included 3 full-sized products (Liner, Shadow & Nail strips) & two samples. All in all, my box is worth around $30.00 CAD, which is quite wonderful considering they are $12.00 boxes & $3.00 shipping. Of the products I received, I am most definitely going to be using the mascara, the nail strips & the body wash. I will also play around with the eye liner & shadow on occasion.

Verdict? Month One was a success!
Do you subscribe to any boxes? I'd love to hear about different ones!

Cheers,
Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment