Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Why I have yet to show my face & why I want that to change

Tonight as I sat down to plot out new blog content, I began thinking about the direction of this blog. I have only been writing for a few  months & I feel as though I have much distance still to cover so many aspects:


  • My photography requires a face lift, but I am not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination. I'm working on it! 


  • I haven't shown any type of "getting ready with me", "look of the day" posts, or anything that depends upon me exposing my face. This is a confidence problem. Not so much a beauty-confidence dilemma as much as a "what if someone I know finds my blog" embarrassment. I'm trying to do the impossible by building a blog from nothing, without the support of even the people who are close to me. 
  • I've solely posted beauty-related posts and, while that is where my heart lies and part of the reason I began this journey, I also have so many other themes that I would love to share with the world. I would delight in writing about my journey as a beginning teacher, my fitness & recipes that make me smile and occasionally I would love to just write comparable posts to this - about what is in my heart or on my mind. 


I began this blog because of my love for composing and due to the fact that I have had few chances to write since graduating from university in the spring of 2013. Even at that it has been one year more since I took my last literature & creative writing courses. That is nearing the 3 year mark and is far too long to not practice a craft. I love teaching with every bit of my being, but I love the written word even more. Taking words, manipulating them, transporting readers on a journey and changing their mind. Making something out of nothing and inspiring others to do the same.

THAT is my goal with this blog - whether it be through beauty posts or something entirely different.

What do you like to see for blog content? Do you enjoy the expected or does the unexpected excite you just as thoroughly? Let me know!

Cheers,
Kait