Saturday, August 8, 2015

Be Your Best Self | Tag Post

From August 3rd to 9th, Beauteque is celebrating a Week of Positivity. This week is all about being, feeling and active positively. The to-live-by phrase for the week is ” Be Your Best Self.” (You’ll see more about what that means if you keep reading.) Small acts of kindness, such as paying for someone’s coffee or taking the time to have a real conversation, can make a huge impact on someone’s day and cause a ripple effect.
This week, Beauteque is holding a promotion where 50% of their proceeds will be going to Dress for Success. Dress for Success is all about encouraging women and building up their self-esteem by helping them. It’s a not-for-profit organization that helps women by providing professional attire, support and career development to encourage success.
To celebrate this week, I’ve been tagged by Newly Minted to do the "Be Your Best Self" tag. This is a really cool idea, but I have to say that it's not easy reflecting on these types of questions with regards to yourself. I'm all about other people and their good qualities...not so much myself.  



1. Was there a time where you had to be brave in a difficult situation?
Yes! The nature of my job as a teacher occasionally brings about difficult situations, situations in which people could get hurt if the right choice is not made, etc. The only way to get through those situations is to be brave, to not show your fear & to do whatever it takes to ensure that everyone is safe.

2. Who inspires you to be your best self? 
This is quite difficult to answer but I think honestly I'm inspired by my husband to be my best self. He is such a hard-working, selfless person that it's hard not to want to rise to the occasion of returning the effort. 

3. What is your greatest personal achievement?
Being a homeowner! This has made me feel like everything for which I've worked so hard has finally come to fruition. I know that material possessions are not important, but my house has quickly become a point of pride with me. It's a physical manifestation of years of dedication. 

4. Share a time where you acted selflessly.
This is something that for privacy reasons I can't go into too much detail, but as a teacher I encountered a child who was very violent. I say encountered, but I taught him for an entire year. A couple of times I physically put myself between him and the other students and willingly allowed myself to be injured in the interest of protecting the rest of the class.

5. What is the best compliment you have ever given?
I'm not sure I can completely say that I have one "best" compliment that I have given. I compliment from the heart & they are generally in the moment. I think that compliments that are given honestly are the best anyway.

6. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
It's hard to pin down one specific compliment, but I can honestly say that compliments received from strangers are the ones that stick with me the most. Not that my friends and family don't compliment from the heart, but sometimes you feel obliged to say something nice. Strangers, on the other hand, have no need to even speak to you, thus they must truly mean what they say!

7. What’s your best beauty tip?
Moisturize! Your skin will always look better, thus if you wear makeup that will also look better. Enough sleep is also a beauty tip that I really think makes a huge difference.

8. What beauty product makes you feel your best self?
Eyebrow pencil & gel...if I'm not wearing any other makeup, but my eyebrows look good I still feel great!

9. What do you do that makes you feel like your best self?
I like things that relax me.  Putting on makeup is one of those things. I love being able to take the time to just chill out & apply my makeup. Exercising also makes me feel relaxed and empowered. Two things that I find put me back into my right frame of mind.

10. What is something that you love about yourself?
My dedication to people and projects. I will never willingly give up on anyone or anything. Some people might refer to this as "stubbornness" & honestly, when someone calls me stubborn, I take that as a compliment, because I know that they're just referring to my persistence.

Be your best self!
Cheers,
Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment