Saturday, August 15, 2015

Makeup Purge 2015 | I've Moved!

So we bought a house! & we've moved! While it's all very exciting, we've been very busy on both ends, the cleaning out of our old place & the fixing of our new place. We've been cleaning out our apartment and getting rid of some things that have just collected over time.  I thought that since I'm doing it anyway, I might as well document the beauty portion of this event.

In the apartment, I had 3 locations with beauty-related items in them.  I had a dresser drawer in my bedroom containing my makeup, one bathroom drawer containing skincare & bath items and a drawer in my office that holds some miscellaneous items and extras (nail polish, extra soap/lotion, etc.). This is obviously because I had no physical way of having all of my beauty-related items together, seeing as our space was quite small. & I don't even really have that many things!

Drawer #1 (bedroom)


First, I'm giving the hard candy duo eyeshadow away to a friend, because I've only ever swatched it.  It came in a beauty box 5 when I was subscribed briefly.  The shadows are quite pigmented, I just don't wear those types of shades.  Secondly, the Skinn face illuminator.  This is so old, it smells weird (but always has) & has now developed clumps.  I've used it in the past, but it really did nothing for me...so to the trash!  Next up, Got2b body butter. This stuff literally looks & feels like butter. Which is kind of gross to me. It smells alright, but this is also really old. Trash!  Finally, Nivea moisturizer.  This used to be my go-to moisturizer. I've repurchased this so many times.  I noticed more recently that it was really greasing up the place, so I've decided to pass it on to a friend & use more combination skin friendly products.


























Also in the bedroom, I had a few Lush things.  Here are two that I'm tossing. The Lust solid perfume. I love the smell of this & it was mostly used up, but it's now very old & Lush products generally don't keep for more than a year (this was probably pushing 3 years).  A sample of the Luster Dusting Powder.  I believe that this is a product that is now being discontinued, but it smells exactly like the Lust perfume - very jasmine-ish & sultry. It's very nice smelling, but this dusting powder always left a not-so-sexy yellow tint to my skin...not for me!

Drawer #2 (bathroom)


























In the bathroom there were only a couple of things to toss...This Nair hair removal cream that smells like chemicals & feels like them too. As you can probably tell, the tube has had some use. I never used this on my face, I mostly used it on my legs.  The Simple light moisturizer is actually quite a lovely product! It is not greasy, which is pretty fantastic for something containing an SPF.  Unfortunately, this didn't all get used up before the aforementioned SPF expired. Bye Bye!

Drawer #3 (office)


























The office drawers end up collecting things that aren't immediately being used, then they end up being forgotten. Here are a few forgotten products. Jergens Natural Glow was one of those things that seemed like a good idea at the time, but turned out horribly. This was the old formula & it smelled terrible! Veet hair removal (I'm beginning to see a trend) does not work well for me. I've used about half of this & like the Jergens it smells BAD. The Avon sunscreen is simply past it's expiration date..thus not worth keeping. Finally, this weird hand lotion that smells like fake, plastic peaches & isn't moisturizing. At. All.


























Some nail things I've found. The nail decorating kit was well loved when I had time to do fun designs. I'm also not that great at it. Even in this picture you can see that some of the colours are well used & kind of dried up. The salon effects thing was kind of used. I'm not much of a fan of these actually. They were fun to try, but I wouldn't buy any myself. The Artistry colour is quite bland & clumped. 'nuff said.

I'm mostly ridding myself of things that have gone bad. Otherwise items are being packed up & moved or given to a friend (if they are still good, but not used).

Have you purged anything lately?

Cheers,
Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment