Saturday, August 1, 2015

Empties | July 2015

Another month, another empties post! I've not used as many products this month as usual, mostly due to the fact that I wear fewer products during the summer months. Example, I wear less makeup, thus not only do I use less of those products, but of the products used to remove them! So overall, this will be a shorter post than some months. Samples are marked with an asterisk < * >.



Makeup




Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Watermelon - I have four of these...well three now. I love them! They hydrate & leave a little bit of colour behind. This one was great, it was a your lips but better kind of colour & if I ever used up my other ones, I would repurchase this one. It's my favourite one to just leave in my purse because it was a no-fuss way to add a little bit of gloss & colour.

Skincare







Garnier Face wipes - These worked fine & they smelled nice, but I only purchased them because I couldn't find any of my typical wipes. I haven't repurchased any face wipes for the moment because I'm trying to stop being lazy about my skincare, but I'm sure in the future I will buy more. I would buy these if I couldn't find my usual ones (simple or live clean).

Simple Makeup Remover - I switched to this makeup remover from the l'Oreal duo-tone remover because after using a couple bottles of that I realized that it stung my eyes pretty bad.  That's no fun, even though it was a great product in terms of effectiveness.  So I bought some Simple, because I've had pretty good luck with this brand. This works wonderfully & did not once hurt. It also left my eyelids feeling pretty normal & non-greasy - bonus! I will definitely buy this again. Unfortunately I was in a pinch & couldn't find it the other day, but fear not, I will find it again!!

Secret Deodorant in Pasion de tango - This was just alright. In fact I have a difficult time finding a deodorant that I actually enjoy & would repurchase. This falls into that category so I suppose the search continues. It did smell nice though!

Mamonde 7 days project sheet mask - This is only the second sheet mask I've ever tried & trust me, I could get behind the trend! I'm not sure that they do a whole lot for my skin (I also don't use them nearly enough, evidently) but they feel so nice! I love using them when I'm taking a bath. They keep my skin cool & refreshed feeling! I will definitely keep exploring the world of sheet masks.

Swisspers Make-offs cotton rounds - I usually purchase the Swisspers Organics cotton rounds, but I couldn't find them one day so I purchased this version instead. What can I say? They are cotton rounds. They work. I did however relocate my organic ones & will continue with those instead. But Swisspers is a pretty good, affordable brand!

**Not pictured
Lush Rose Jam shower gel - This stuff is my jam (no pun intended)! This is one of my two favourite scents that Lush makes. This product is only released at Christmas & that fact alone makes me sad, but because it does only come once a year, I'm quite happy that it lasted me this long...through frugal use. This smells quite rosy & softens the skin just right. The scent also lingers, which I love because who doesn't want to catch a whiff of themselves hours after you've done your showering & get that instant mood boost. I will absolutely buy this again. LUSH, please make this again!!

Hair




Tresesmme Keratin Smooth Shampoo & Conditiioner* - These were nice & I got a few uses out of these sample packs. I probably wouldn't buy a full size, but I have more sample packs of these & they will get used.

Bumble & Bumble Surf Foam Wash & Creme Rinse* - These were awesome! I loved this duo & it really did work in my favour when trying to achieve some beachy waves. I would definitely consider purchasing these, but I've resisted so far because of the price. Maybe next summer?!

That's it for this month! What have you been using up?

Cheers,
Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment